Saturday, June 07, 2008

Krissy was visiting

Ken's sister, Krissy was here to visit for a few days from North Carolina and it was fun to see her. She's a great person and the kids love Aunt Krissy. Last 4th of July, we went to see them in North Carolina and had a great time. The kids played at a nearby lake and were fishing with Uncle David. They also got to go tubing from the back of the boat. That was so funny to watch them. Some fell off. Some got water in their faces and couldn't stop laughing. Ken tried too and he fell over. I missed seeing that. In the evening, we had a great barbecue and David got fireworks. We sat outside in their driveway for hours while David was shooting them off with his friend. He let the boys try to set some off too. They loved that. I wish they lived closer to us so we could see them more. The kids enjoy them a lot.

But, we did have fun while she was here. We went to Ken's Mom's house for dinner last night and we played this game called "Catch Phrase." We had a blast. The kids knew a lot of the answers but I smoked everyone and got the most right. I never win so it was nice to actually win for a change :) Seeing everyone is so nice. Even though we live close, we don't see each other as often as I wish we could. I love sitting around talking with Ken's Mom and Dad, Krissy, Barry, Kraig, Amanda and of course Ken.


That is what I miss the most about my parents. We all loved just sitting around the table talking and laughing. There are some really fond memories of us all sitting around the table on a Saturday afternoon when the older siblings would come to visit with their kids. We would laugh and talk for hours. Those days are gone and I hope that our dinner table time will be something my kids will always cherish. I hope I am making good memories for them to hold onto as they get older. I can't believe how fast time goes by and how quickly the children grow. I miss the baby days a lot and want to go back to those times some days; especially when they are talking back or fighting.
Look at those cute little faces...I miss that sometimes. They are all so wonderful and adorable still but I do miss the days when they were so little. This is on Ian's 1st birthday so Kenneth was 3 and Deborah was 6. Seems like such a long time ago.

No comments: