Saturday, June 21, 2008

Igor left yesterday


The house is always different when our exchange student goes home. Everyone misses Igor so much and we cried a lot when we said goodbye at the airport. He didn't start packing until Wednesday night but he seemed to have the least stuff to take back from any of our exchange students. He just needed one more small bag besides the one he brought with him. Time just went by so quickly. Ian and Kenneth miss him the most. They loved to mess around and do things with Igor. They would play video games, wrestle, play basketball, go swimming and go on bike rides all the time. I keep thinking Igor is still here and have been looking for him.
Deborah started Youth Conference at church yesterday too. She doesn't seem to be having a very good time. They come home between activities so I have seen her a lot. I wish I would be able to help her understand how great she is and that she can have a lot of friends. She is still insecure in a lot of ways, but is so mature for her age too. She feels more comfortable directing people on what to do instead of participating in the activities. That is a lot like me. But, I love her so much and she is a great girl. She has so much potential. I worry about her every moment of everyday. I pray that the morals I have taught her will remain strong and her desire to make the right choices for her future.

No comments: