Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another Day in Paradise

That is what I have to say right now. All of the kids have been sick to various degrees over the past few weeks and it's been hard to have everyone healthy. Deborah was sick with a sore throat and cough. Ian got the same thing, but he had a fever. Igor was next with a sore throat and headache. Then, Kenneth got a sore throat, headache and fever. None had strep and none had it at the same time. I actually thought I was going to enjoy some quiet around the house before they were finished school on the 4th of June, but I must have been wrong. I think all of the kids will go to school tomorrow but Ken is going to work late so he will be home until about 12:00. I suppose I won't get too much time alone.
I have to take some exchange students to an elementary school to do presentations in the morning. It will be one of my last official projects with AYUSA. I have been with them off and on since 1999. I will miss it in many ways, but the stress will be gone and I can focus on school. It's bittersweet. The exchange students have influenced and touched our lives in so many ways. We have learned about the world around us and the desire that we all have to have peace in the world. The kids fall in love with the students and feel like they have brothers and sisters all over the world. I don't think we will be hosting again next year. I know the kids want to but we have been so busy this year, we just need some time with the family. I think it will be a real change for us, but we need that change.
Well, that is all for now. I will keep this up and hope you are not too bored.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Kathy,
I like your blog. I hope everyone gets better soon. And you get time on your own for a little while.
Jeannetta